My name is Sarah. I am 16. This blog chronicles my writing journey and the interesting/extreme/WTF/Oh-That’s-Nice moments of being a teenager.
If you’re reading this page, thank you. Bios are usually boring and mechanic and overly professional-sounding.
Hopefully, these lists will give you a picture of who I am and maybe we can find some common ground.
Things Sarah loves:
- Tea (especially Jasmine and Chamomile). A well-seeped cup of tea beats a well-brewed cup of coffee any day. Coffee is for getting through life; tea is for contemplating life.
- Coffee shops (and I don’t drink even drink coffee!) The best places for falling in love, meeting with friends, listening to music, and basically everything
- Traveling. It is a necessity. The anonymity and unfamiliarity of new places is what makes me feel most alive.
- That clean bowels feeling after you “relieve yourself” (hahaha, I guess that was a little tmi, my bad!)
- Bonfires. They’re romantic in an unconventional way–like letting go and not being afraid of anything
- The internet. How to take a selfie, how to survive a breakup, how to Calculus… it’s all there
- Your deepest thoughts always come to you in the shower… and you never have a pen and paper in there to write it down.
- You can spend your whole life in one city and still not know every nook and cranny
- Everyone should be a bookworm. There is a niche genre of books for every personality.
- Go on a road trip and hit all 50 states (errr Alaska and Hawaii would have to be separate; in any case I’ve already been to both states!)
- Live in San Francisco because the Bay area is the most beautiful place on the West Coast
- Ask a random elderly person to tell me a story about their childhood
- Open up a bakery that sells baked goods from all over the world
- Witness a solar eclipse
- Public speaking in front of a really big proud (about time I get over my fear!)
- Go on a blind date
- Live in a foreign country for at least six months
- Kiss someone as the ball is dropping in Times Square
- Experience an OBE (Out-of-Body-Experience)
- Fly first class (gotta do it at least once!)
- Climb Mt. Everest in Nepal
- Visit the Kremlin in Moscow
- Spend a day relaxing in Japan’s hot springs
- Ride the bateau mouche through the the Seine river in Paris
- Trek the Inca Trail in Peru
- Live in the Ice Hotel in Sweden for a day
- See all the Seven Wonders of the Modern World
- See all the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Write a customer satisfaction letter
Roll pastry dough (August 14th, 2014)
- Spend a night beside a bonfire and my best friends
- Job-shadow someone who works at Dreamworks Animation… because childhood, you know? I want to see the magic happen ❤
- Carve something on a tree
- Attend a He is We concert
- Attend a London Grammar concert
- Attend a concert by the XX
- Publish a book. I haven’t decided on the genre. It will happen though.
Publish a piece of writing in New Moon Girls magazine (May 2014)
- Finish Anna Karenina
- Be an extra in a movie and play the part with me in it over and over to all my friends and relatives
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- Into the Wild
- How to Fail at Nearly Everything and Still Win Big
- Flowers for Algernon
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven
- Death of a Salesman
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- The Little Prince
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest